The idea of decentralization – freedom in finance, has brought cryptocurrency and crypto trading far in the global financial space. In fact, more and more people are buying into the idea of trading crypto for profit.
Today, traders and developers are going the extra mile to ensure trading is fun and convenient. We now have crypto trading bots that are enhancing trading experience and profitability. They are automated software for trading – but their advantages are much more than that.
Crypto trading bots ensure you don’t miss a potentially profitable trade, have no downtime, bootstrap your efficiency, and simplify trading. Unfortunately, many traders are not informed about crypto bots and their beautiful features in trading – even though they are easy to set up.
This article will shed more light on crypto bots, why they are important, the best crypto trading bots you can use with Binance, and how to set them up. Let’s get rolling.
What are Crypto Trading Bots?
As the name implies, crypto trading bots are software programs that automatically perform and execute trades based on preprogrammed instructions and strategy. These bots carry out buy and sell orders on your behalf on popular crypto exchanges and trading platforms like Binance.
One of the biggest advantages of crypto trading bots is the absence of downtime. You’d agree that humans get busy with other things. At some point, your family, business, work, childcare, or home chores take you away from monitoring your trade.
With crypto trading bots, you don’t have to miss out on anything. They analyze price movement based on preset instructions with technical indicators. It also efficiently determines when to enter or exit a trade with price trend, levels, or volatility. This way, your losses are minimized while profits are maximized.
How Crypto Trading Bots Work?
Most crypto trading bots rely on a trading strategy. The strategy dictates the rules for entering, maintaining, and exiting trading positions. They also define risk management strategies to reduce losses and increase profitability.
The bot is triggered to enter a position when the predefined rules are met. Meanwhile, some bots notify a trader of a potentially profitable buy or sell opportunity. In summary, bots work by:
- Analyze market data
- Evaluate market risks
- Enter/exit a trade
- Decide whether to buy or sell
Most bots work on a short to average timeframe, which can be 15 minutes, half-hourly, or hourly. This way, they can check for price deviation and make decisions with common indicators like Moving Averages, Stochastic tools, Moving average convergence/divergence (MACD), and Relative Strength Index (RSI), among others.
Types of Crypto Trading Bots
Crypto bots follow the same rule: executing preset functions when the rules are met. Therefore, they can vary based on their function and importance. Types of crypto trading bots include:
- Trend Bots: These types follow the trend trading strategy, i.e., analyzing and making trading decisions based on the trend of a price. For instance, if a coin’s price is bullish, a trend trading bot will look for buy opportunities and vice versa when the price is bearish.
- Arbitrage bot: These bots monitor and leverage discrepancies in the price of a coin. This is possible due to little price difference between two markets or exchanges, especially during periods of high liquidity. While arbitrage trading is popular, the opportunities are lower because price spreads are tighter these days. However, MEV bots do the magic for experienced arbitrage traders.
- Signal bot: Signal bots are common with many financial instruments. They analyze price movement and track market sentiments to help traders make informed decisions. These bots do not execute trades by themselves but pinpoint the exact entry and exit levels for traders.
- Market-Making bot: Works almost like the arbitrage bots as they leverage order book spreads. All they do is detect the spread between buy and sell prices during active trading sessions and price fluctuations. It places buy and sell limits around a price level so that you profit off the positions when the market fluctuates.
- Lending Bots are mainly used in lending and borrowing protocols to give out your crypto asset. All the bot does is set the trade’s interest rate, duration of lending, and the amount you want to lend. This way, you don’t have to stay on your screen to make new orders.
Benefits of Using Trading Bots
Crypto bots are unarguably important in blending your everyday activities with trading requirements. Some of the benefits of using crypto trading bots include the following:
- Bots do not have emotions. Hence, they use excellent risk management with no chances of FOMO or emotion trading.
- Saves you time and energy to strategize, analyze prices and even calculate risk and reward. It does everything for you.
- Crypto trading bots are much quicker. Therefore, you don’t have to miss any price movement or profitable setups.
- 24/7 trading with no downtime or fluctuations. Even when you sleep, they are active and carrying out your commands.
The Best Crypto Trading Bot for Binance
There are many Binance crypto trading bots. Choosing the best can be overwhelming for newbies and experienced traders. However, here are some of the top crypto trading bot providers you can consider for Binance:
3Commas has been working closely with Binance for more than 5 years. The company is well known for excellent trading and user experience with a wide array of industry-standard interfaces and trading bots.
3Commas is available on iOS and Android devices and supports crypto exchanges like Binance, OKX, KuCoin, BitMex, Bitfinex, Coinbase Pro, and others.
As a new user, you can get a 30-day free trial to access all 3Commas services if you’re a new Binance user. Meanwhile, there is lifetime access to the platform’s services.
- Types of Bots: DCA Bot, HODL Bot, Options Bot, GRID Bot, SmartTrades
Another excellent crypto trading bot for Binance is WunderTrading. This trading bot platform is a top quick-stop place for traders to automate their trading experience and earn passive income with copy trading.
It provides a great social trading feature where newbies can easily copy experienced traders and advance more in their trading journey.
There is a free and paid monthly plans of $9.95 to $44.95. WunderTrading is available for iOS and Android devices and works perfectly for many exchanges, including Binance, OKX, Kucoin, Huobi, Kraken, etc.
- Bots available: DCA Bot, Copy Trading, Futures spread trading, Arbitrage trading, Trade all API accounts simultaneously, and more
Unlike WunderTrading and 3Commas, Pionex is a free and wonderful trading bot, excellently suited for beginners and expert traders. With Pionex, you don’t have to pay anything to automate your trading journey.
Meanwhile, it works well for Binance as well as other exchanges like Huobi and Pionex. Supported bots are Grid Trading Bot, Martingale Bot, Spot-Futures Rebalancing Bot, Arbitrage Bot, Martingale Bot, etc.
Cryptohopper is another noteworthy option for crypto traders. It does everything, ranging from technical analysis, crypto trading, and trading and risk management.
The presence of profitable trading tools and more than 30 indicators makes Cryptohopper a good option. You can access Cryptohopper for free for 7 days. Monthly paid plans start at $19.
- Types of Bots: Market-Maker, Mirror Trading, Arbitrage, AI.
Coinrule is an automated crypto trading bot that offers more than 150 trading strategies for Binance and Coinbase Pro traders.
With Coinrule, you can be sure that your trading decisions are as sound as professional algorithmic traders. There are free and paid plans for various types of bots.
Steps to Set Up Trading Bot on Binance
Setting up your trading bot on Binance is pretty straightforward. In fact, the process is the same for all trading bots. All you need is to connect your Binance API Key to your preferred trading bot, and you’re good to go.
After creating your Binance API keys, you must configure them for specific commands and access to your asset. For instance, many bots recommend enabling trading options and disabling withdrawal options.
Nonetheless, the choice of access depends on what you need. Meanwhile, always ensure you read additional setup guides before setting up your bot.
To create an API key, log in or sign up for a Binance account. Create a new key under your account’s API MANAGEMENT. Add the key to your trading bot.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to setting up a crypto bot on Binance:
- Log in or sign up to Binance
- Create API key
- Connect API to trading bot
1. Log in or sign up to Binance
The Binance API key is available for verified users. If you have an existing account, go to Binance.com on your web browser and click on LOG IN from the top right corner of the homepage.
On the log-in page, input your email address and password and tap LOG IN. Complete log-in by completing 2FA verifications.
For new users, click on REGISTER from the top right corner of the homepage. On the signup page, submit your email address and a unique password.
Verify your email address with the six-digit verification code sent to your email address. Once you’re done with registration, log in to your account and verify your identity from the account settings.
In the verification center, submit a clear copy of your government-issued documents and proof of address.
2. Create API key
After logging in to your Binance, tap on the round-shaped profile icon on the top left corner of the homepage and click on API MANAGEMENT.
Click on the ENABLE button on the API Management page to start setting up a new API key. Ensure you give your API Key a name, then click on CREATE API.
Complete 2FA verification and input your two-factor authentication app codes to approve the process.
After creating the key, configure it to your preference by tapping the EDIT RESTRICTIONS button.
Ensure you tick the boxes for ENABLE FUTURES, ENABLE SPOT AND MARGIN TRADING, ENABLE MARGIN LOAN, REPAY AND TRANSFER. Approve the changes and copy the API Keys and API SECRETS.
3. Connect API to trading bot
After creating and copying your API keys, go back to your crypto trading bot account and click on CONNECT ACCOUNT or ADD ACCESS.
Select account type as EXCHANGES and select BINANCE from the available options.
Choose a name for the API keys in your bot account, then paste your API KEYS and SECRET KEY. Finally, tap CONNECT, and that’s it. You can now enjoy a new automated trading experience with crypto trading bots.
Understanding how crypto trading bots work is important to understanding how profitable you can be with them. However, choosing a crypto trading bot from a reliable provider is recommended.
Poorly designed bots can incur loss and quickly liquidate your asset more than you can imagine. Meanwhile, many bot providers are reliable. You can check reviews and references to make the best choices.
You can also choose from the crypto trading bots providers listed above. Summarily, setting up your bot is easy with Binance API Keys. However, always be mindful of the restrictions you configure.